Financial consultant position responsible for implementing financial and related aspects of SAP OnDemand offerings.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be or become a recognized expert in the SAP OnDemand finance offerings
- Interfaces with functional unit process owners and users to identify, define and document operational needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access
- Scope, configure and setup master data in system based upon identified needs
- Propose alternatives when capabilities of system are different from customer requests. Identify and document customizations. Identify changes outside of client statement of work
- Demonstrate use of system and train users
- Provide data migration assistance to end users including guidance on data cleansing and the use of the OnDemand data migration tools
- Mentor and train other consultants on finance best practices and best practices for setup and operation of SAP OnDemand finance offerings
- Assist end users with acceptance testing activities
- Interact with SAP OnDemand resources and personnel to troubleshoot or research advanced topics
- Occasionally support sales activities by answering questions and demonstrating functions (this is not a pre-sales position, but occasionally sales support will be necessary)
Qualifications and Competencies
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, an individual must have and be able to effectively demonstrate the following required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Deep subject matter expertise in finance and financial control and related business processes
- Two years or more of experience with multiple finance business practices such Asset Accounting, Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Audit, Internal Orders and Intercompany Accounting
- Experience with other business processes such as order to cash or procure to pay is a plus
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong customer focus and partnership abilities
- Must be a self-managed, self-directed, results-oriented professional
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Available to travel as needed (10 % – 30%)
Education and Experience
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, an individual must have successfully completed the following requirements and have a progressive development through the following experiential requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- Masters degree a plus
- Two years or more experience implementing ERP financials (e.g. SAP R/3, Lawson, JDEdwards, NetSuite)
- SAP experience is a plus
- Understanding of typical taxation requirements for US and major international countries
- Experience with tax calculation tools such as Vertex is a plus
- Experience with one or more reporting tools
- Experience with migrating data from legacy tools such as Quickbooks to ERP systems
QUESTIONS? WE’VE GOT ANSWERS.
You don’t learn everything in life by reading a manual. So, if you have questions about our products, services, implementation, getting started, or anything else, please ask us. Our highly trained staff is ready to help.