The Staff Accountant will be responsible for applying principles of accounting to record, analyze and monitor financial information and assist in preparation of financial reports. The position will report to the Accounting Manager and will provide support to other managers within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process accounts payable and receivables
- Handle account payable and receivables questions and make collection calls
- Prepare general ledger journal entries
- Prepare reports from the general ledger system
- Prepare accounting documentation to communicate issues
- Develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets
- Develop a strong understanding of the company’s operations and the Software as a Service (SaaS) industry
- Other general accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and special project
Qualifications and Competencies
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, an individual must have and be able to effectively demonstrate the following required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Team player with the ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment with limited supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication and time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to handle confidential information.
- Self-starter with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Should be honest, assertive and systematic.
- Available to work some evenings and/or weekends.
Education and Experience
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, an individual must have successfully completed the following requirements and have a progressive development through the following experiential requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required
- One year of accounting with collections experience in a professional work environment preferred
- Intermediate level of computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook experience
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, SAP or Peachtree or equivalent software preferred
QUESTIONS? WE’VE GOT ANSWERS.
You don’t learn everything in life by reading a manual. So, if you have questions about our products, services, implementation, getting started, or anything else, please ask us. Our highly trained staff is ready to help.